Hi,

I am done with most of the planned features with Sling Logabck extension
[1]. To summarize it supports following features

* Compatible with existing Sling Commons Log
* LogBack configuration can be provided via Logback config xml
* ConfigurationAdmin integration - Logback Config can be enhanced via
config obtained from OSGi configuration admin
* Supports Appenders via Whiteboard pattern
* Support providing Logback config as fragments through OSGi Service
Registry
* Feature rich WebConsole Plugin and Configuration Printer support

I have provided the implementation zip as part of SLING-2024. Current test
coverage stands at ~50%.

Some queries going forward

1. What should be the artifactId of the new implementation
Currently I have set the artifactid (and package names) as
org.apache.sling.extensions.logback. Should it be set to
org.apache.sling.commons.log with major version number upgrade. As that
would allow easier upgrades?

Kindly have a look at the patch provided and provide your feedback.

regards
Chetan

[1] https://github.com/chetanmeh/sling-logback
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2024