On 17.12.2013, at 17:03, Tobias Bocanegra <tri...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1 I like the dictionary approach better as it reduces the amount of
> complex queries.
>
> for backward compatibility the resource bundle provider should
> initially do a query for the new dictionaries and if found, go into
> 'dictionary' mode. if not, it would fall back to the "old"
> mix:language approach. to force loading old mix:language bundles could
> also be enabled with an osgi config.

We discussed this f2f and it seems ok to force users to migrate their content
when upgrading: simply because the content change would be so simple, it is
only the addition of a new sling:dictionary mixin for every dictionary. This
could be done fairly easily in a content migration script for applications. The
benefits are not having to care about the future of this flag and a simpler
implementation.

WDYT?

Cheers,
Alex