On 18.12.2013, at 09:35, Tobias Bocanegra <tri...@apache.org> wrote:

> I don't think that the migration is straight forward. the way the
> provider currently works, it would allow message definitions like:
>
> /content/de [mix:language]
> /very/deep/structure/
>    /hello [sling:Message]
>       + sling:message "Hallo."
>
> i.e. the messages and be deliberately distributed over the content,
> where needed.

The migration would simply run the existing query to find any mix:language that
has a sling:message underneath and attach a sling:dictionary to it.

There might be an issue if there are multiple mix:language parent nodes above
sling:Message, but I can't imagine this to ever be the case. This could be
handleable though by analysing the search results and looking for overlapping
paths.

Cheers,
Alex