Hi Carsten,

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 6:02 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Everything can be found at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/whiteboard/feature-flags/ ...

Today is Big Reviews Day, finally found time to look at that, thanks for it!

It looks good to me for our current needs, here are my comments:

1) Why not put the API  in the
org.apache.sling.extensions.featureflags.api package? It's at
org.apache.sling.extensions.featureflags currently.

2) How do you envision handling feature naming collisions between
FeatureProviders? We might namespace feature names by requiring all
values returned by the getFeatureNames() method of a given
FeatureProvider to start with a common prefix followed by a dot, and
the prefix must be unique system-wide.

3) Considering Roy's remark that we'll get about 1024 features in a
Sling instance, and user's creativity which will probably boost that
to 10'000, shall we use Iterator<String> for lists of feature names?

4) I'm not sure about FeatureProvider.hideResource(featureName,
Resource) - as seen from the ResourceResolver, IMO you just care
whether a given FeatureProvider wants to hide a Resource or not, you
don't really care (*) which feature name causes the Resource to be
hidden. So maybe just hideResource(Resource, ProviderContext) ? The
same might apply to FeatureProvider.getResourceTypeMapping which would
then just take a ProviderContext - but maybe I'm missing something.

-Bertrand

(*) Except for troubleshooting, but that's covered by
RequestProgressTracker which is accessible via
ProviderContext.getRequest()