yes, i hope as well we can find a solution which fits both needs. just wanted
to make sure all aspects of both scenarios are covered.

>I'm not sure I understand the definition that tenants are defined upfront
>in virtual hosting. They can be created dynamically at run time.

my thought was that in a virtual hosting scenario you start creating a tenant,
and automatically a content subtree is created assigned for this tenant, e.g.
using a tenant creation wizard. in the multi site scenario this is different -
a user just creates a new site, and if it matches a specific pattern/structure
(which is configurable), automatically a new tenant or configuration scope is
created. this is the usecase view, from a technical point of view this should
not be much a difference.

stefan