> And then use the resource types in the content:
>
> /content/tenant1/site/@sling:resourceType = tenant1/components/foo
>
> I think this is not feasible in the general case. For example, imagine
having ootb components with a resource type "components/foo". Each time
such a component is added to content, the resource type would be needed to
be adapted - which is doable but adds on top of it. And how do you want to
distinguish between using the default rendering and a specialized one
easily? Then, if you have shared content between tenants like some common
stuff which you want to render differently, this doesn't work.
I agree that having a tenant specific resource type is one way of doing it,
but it's definitely not the only way.

In essence, I would be very careful in adding a new complexity such as
> tenant based resolution.
>
> This doesn't realy add complexity, it just adds another search path to the
resolution. Unfortunately, we have to cache script resolution as otherwise
request processing is way to slow and thats the only place where we have to
be careful about the current tenant.

Adobe Research Switzerland