Hi,

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Ian Boston <i...@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
> Is configuration part of application content or system content or both?

We probably need a more fine-grained definition for configs - for now
I see the following types of configuration:

a) Global system-level config, like the URL of a remote logging
server. This can be either pure OSGi configs or based on shared
repository content with suitable access control.

b) Version-specific system config, where Sling instances that run the
same version of system and application code share the same config.
Also manageable in the content repository with access control.

c) Application or tenant-specific config. Using non-OSGi configs which
are just content in the repository, picked up on the fly by services
that process a tenant-specific request, works. But I don't think we
currently have a solution for tenant-specific configuration of OSGi
services, unless the services are specifically designed for that.

So I'd say with our current installer there is configuration both in
system and application content. and tenant-specific configurations
require specific code for now.

-Bertrand