On 02.06.2015, at 16:39, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
> The query contains the sort information (which properties and whether
> ascending or descending), so you can get the values of the props and
> compare them.

But then you need to

a) be able to understand and fully evaluate the query on the aggregate level
b) cannot use an index for that and do a property read for every result entry

I am just saying, you are getting into a very complex and performance critical
business. And even if you say "users won't use such edge-case queries, it's ok
if we don't look for perfect performance", they will use it (experience tells
me, people always find ways to run difficult & slow queries :D), and then you
have just created a new performance critical area out of nowhere.

Cheers,
Alex