Hi,

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Konrad Windszus <konra...@gmx.de> wrote:
> ...there was quite a discussion going on in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5603 on how
> to deal with 3rd party dependencies in Sling....

My opinion, and I think this is what we've been doing in Sling forever
even if we didn't explicitly document it, is that if a bundle B
depends on another *for its API* then the dependency should list the
lowest possible version.

This makes B easier to use in many contexts, as long as the right
version of the API, or a later one, is provided.

> ...Another aspect of option a) is: With which version of the dependency you
> want to run the IT....

This is the "recommented implementation" aspect of the dependency,
which is a different concern.

For this I suggest using the latest version of the implementation, or
at least the one that we recommend.

-Bertrand