Hi,

On 29 September 2016 at 10:06, Oliver Lietz <apa...@oliverlietz.de> wrote:

> On Thursday 29 September 2016 09:27:30 Ian Boston wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I fully support moving to Git.
> >
> > I think it would be a mistake to attempt to split the repository into
> 100s
> > of separate Git repositories as it will make it near impossible for any
> > outsider to work on the code base. I say that from a position of
> > experiencing exactly the same style of re-organisation on a large code
> base
> > with a similar number of modules. Finding the root cause of a problem
> takes
> > an order of magnitude more time, and if a pull request has to be applied
> > several repositories at the same time, good luck. IIUC those that work on
> > all of the code base on a daily basis, have no problem.
> >
> > Quite apart from the infra issues.
> >
> > Do it with 1 repo, under the ASF banner, not in a independent GitHub
> > organisation.
> >
> > It sounds like this was a long and complex offline discussion.
>
> Quoting Stefan: "we discussed again the long-debate topic moving from svn
> git."
>
> > I do hope a
> > decisions of this magnitude was not made, at that time, excluding those
> > members of the community, committers, PMC and ASF Members who were not
> able
> > to attend the adaptTo conference.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-3987
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/Move+
> from+Subversion+to+Git

Thank you for the pointers

I had searched the archives with [1] but only found [2], hence my concern
that Sling had reverted to offline decision making, given the activity
landing in my inbox from adaptTo.

My concern was unfounded. There has been discussion online and the decision
has been made.
I missed it all due to other commitments.
Ignore my comments on the detail.

Best Regards
Ian

1
http://markmail.org/search/?q=sling-dev+list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.sling-dev+github+-from%3A%22jira%40apache.org%22+-from%3A%22*%40git.apache.org%22#query:sling-dev%20list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.sling-dev%20github%20-from%3Ajira%40apache.org%20-from%3A*%40git.apache.org%20order%3Adate-backward+page:1+state:facets
2 http://markmail.org/thread/u32gblzpjairkc3a