On Thu, 2016-11-17 at 14:53 +0100, Julian Sedding wrote:
> Hi Sandro
>
> You are right. However, the full build on Jenkins failed too often.
> Partly due to issues or flaky tests in Sling, partly due to e.g.
> infrastructure issues. This made the Jenkins builds almost useless,
> because chances were that it weren't your changes that made the build
> fail.
>
> Therefore Robert added configurations to run each module
> independently
> on Jenkins. That gives us a better overview of which modules are ok
> and which ones aren't. However, we lost the full build in the
> process.
> Maybe we could add it back and run it once every night. WDYT, Robert?

First of all, I think that I should update the documentation :-) With
all the SNAPSHOTs being deployed by the Jenkins jobs the only command
that should be used to build Sling after the SVN checkout is

$ cd launchpad/builder
$ mvn -U clean install

which matches to a large degree what the Jenkins jobs do. There should
be absolutely no need to perform a full reactor build - which takes
time, and is not always stable - to get a launchpad.

Then I'd like to understand exactly why the reactor build fails, as it
should not, at least not when the individual module builds are working.

Robert