Hi Ian,

On Wed, 2017-09-20 at 19:32 +0100, Ian Boston wrote:
> Hi,
> If we can implement automation ontop of  the pull request using
> travis etc,
> then that would be a benefit of going for a github centric workflow.
> I dont
> if this is appropriate for Apache projects in general, or Slings
> workflow,
> but do know it works exceedingly well for other projects, even where
> there
> are high volumes of pull requests.
>
> It also fosters open discussion of the code, which imho is good for
> the
> wider community.

That's a good point, thanks for raising it. As far as I can tell, there
is nothing stopping us from doing the same process in the git-wip
system, just that there is no 'merge' button, we have to do it
manually.

But I think that Justin has a good point with developing a Github-
centric workflow and enabling merging on Github would be quite
beneficial.

Thanks,

Robert