I think "headless" puts us into a specific bucket. You can build
anything with Sling, being it headless or not. AEM is definitely not
headless :) I think it doesn't make sense for a framework to use that
characterisation, otherwise a lot of frameworks are headless (in the
sense of not having a UI)

Carsten

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote
> Hi Karl,
>
> On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 3:44 PM, Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...3. It is more than 100 words :-)..
>
> I don't think that's important, "short" is good enough IMO.
>
> Ruben suggests "headless" which I like (and it's a good excuse for
> many of our examples UIs ;-)
>
> So two suggestions from my side, inline:
>
>> Apache Sling is a framework for RESTful web-applications based on an
>> extensible content tree.
>
> "headless framework"
>

>> In a nutshell, Sling maps URL requests to resources based on the
>> request's path, extension and selectors. Using convention over
>> configuration, request processing itself is based on scripts and
>> servlets selected based on a given resource. Together, this enables
>> meaningful URLs and resource driven request processing while the
>> modular nature of Sling allows for specialized server instances that
>> include only what is needed.
>>
>> Sling serves as basis for a variety of applications - ranging from
>> blogging engines all the way to industrial strength content management
>> systems.
>
> ...where its robustness and simplicity shine
>
> -Bertrand

Adobe Research Switzerland