Hi,

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 10:08 AM Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org> wrote:
>...My personal opinion is that an interface with half of its methods
> deprecated is confusing and should not be used....

I agree, and we might use the following trick to avoid that with
minimal disruption:

-Consider the current interface "Legacy" that needs half of its
methods deprecated
-Move the non-deprecated methods to a new "Modern" interface
-Legacy inherits from Modern

Existing clients can then use Legacy with no change.
New clients move to Modern, to make it clear that they don't want to
use legacy stuff.
Mark the whole Legacy interface as deprecated, recommend moving to Modern
Existing services are explicitly registered as both Modern and Legacy.

No need to redesign things, just move them around.

WDYT?

-Bertrand