Hi all ,

Being a fresh committee to Jackrabbit I certainly can’t speak for the rest
but historically we seperated out as much as possible concerning the http
communication.

Toby being the main developer behind vault also spent a significant time to
decouple the whole ‚frontend‘ & communication part from packagemanager &
the vault plugin when contributing.

Also the release scheme and cross dependencies wouldn’t be a good fit -
Sling is IMVHO the right home for this and if the contribution comes with
the commitment to maintain I see no real reasons to reject it.
Contributions in contrib are anyhow rather like in the incubator and time
will tell if it’s a useful tool with interest beyond the contributor or not.

Cheers
Dominik