Robert,

On 11/6/2020 6:07 AM, Robert Munteanu wrote:
Hi Ruben and thanks for looking into this.

On Fri, 2020-11-06 at 05:36 -0800, Ruben Reusser wrote:
Robert,

had a quick look at this archetype - for a 1.0.0 release I am
missing
documentation around this archetype.
What kind of documentation are you looking for? The archetype is
referenced at [2], but nowhere else I guess. I find it simple and self-
explanatory, but would be happy to add more information.

I was hoping for something along the lines of the readme in the project archetype [3]

I am also curious if the Java Use Object it creates in apps is really
good idea? After all, this is just a content archetype.
The idea behind the archetype was to allow users to quickly generate a
content package. They are free to adjust it how they see fit
afterwards, e.g. by removing rendering scripts.

Generally, I think it's more useful to bake more stuff in the archetype
and allow users to remove it, rather than give them too many options or
very 'slim' archetypes. And it makes maintenance for us much easier.
I totally understand the idea behind why to put a simple html component into the content package. I however struggle with the fact that Java Use Objects are probably not a best practice for sling projects or other upstream projects. Maybe I am wrong here.
looking at the sling-package-archetype at [1] you also decided to
not
use a profile for the package installation - not sure if it would be
better to follow  similar pattern in both archetypes
Right, that should be adjusted. I started with my personal perference
and forgot to to switch to the profile. Can you please file a Sling
issue so it is fixed for the next version?

will do. Looks like the documentation is a bit out of sync as well on this topic (project archetype readme vs docs)

Thanks,
Robert

[2]:
https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/content-packages.html#maven-projects-1