I agree with Dawid, why the hell do we need those tags? The old lucene-solr
repo can stay forever on Github. If I want to checkout an older version,  I
would go into the old repo and check it out. In fact that’s also what tools may
do, because the old git repo is stated in the pom.xml files (or similar).

I would rather go and nuke the tags (not the commits of course) from new repo
for everything before 9.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler