I did a bit of poking around, and it’s not super clear.   The Flink project
tried and ended up abandoning it,
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-4370>, though they did adopt a
check style using IntelliJ.  Apache Kyuubi went the way of README that walks
you through setup of a number of aspects of IntelligenceJ:
https://kyuubi.readthedocs.io/en/latest/develop_tools/idea_setup.html
<https://kyuubi.readthedocs.io/en/latest/develop_tools/idea_setup.html>

I’d like to use the same inspection profile as the community uses, so that the
red-ness tells me when I need to do something ;-).   And if it isn’t red, then
it’s okay, we are okay with it as a community.

So….  As an idea, how about we start with David Smiley’s inspection profile….?
 I’ll see if I can figure out how to make that file ship in
gradle/ide/intellij-idea/ directory, and have our gradle idea task copy that
file to the ./idea/inspectionProfiles directory.    I don’t know if I can make
it be the default, maybe if I name it “Project_Default.xml”.

That will get us all to looking at the same set of warnings, at least for those
using IntelliJ.

Then, as we evolve our opinions on this, we can just update that file.

Thoughts?