Wondering what folks think of backporting some classloading
deadlock-related fixes:
and possibly upgrade to Lucene 9.4
particularly considering:
https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/11718

The main concerns for all the above are classloading issues. The first
one (SlotAcc) I think should be backported, since we know it has
manifested in the wild and it's a very self-contained fix.

I gather based on SOLR-15254 that the deadlock that would be fixed by
Lucene 9.4 upgrade has also manifested; in fact I'm surprised that we
haven't seen this issue manifesting more frequently -- maybe it has,
but it doesn't get reported/diagnosed because it's an issue that's
mostly likely to manifest on startup (when actual people are likely to
be paying attention), and is easily "fixed" in the short-term by
restarting (again)?. There's some discussion at:
and

I wouldn't want to do anything that would substantially delay 9.1.1 though...

Thoughts?