I might be finding something. I just tried upgrading JesterJ to 9.1 from
9.0 and got

org/apache/lucene/codecs/lucene90/Lucene90Codec
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/lucene/codecs/lucene90/Lucene90Codec
at org.apache.lucene.util.LuceneTestCase.<clinit>(LuceneTestCase.java:663)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:398)
at
com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$2.run(RandomizedRunner.java:627)
org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene90.Lucene90Codec
at
java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:581)
at
java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
... 4 more

It looks like we upgraded lucene to 9.3 and not the lucene-test-framework
(still 9.0)... (still looking into this)