We haven't been running all our tests in GitHub Actions (i.e. PR
validation) because it was too time consuming to do so.  I don't recall how
slow it was when someone last tried; it's probably better now but still
slow.  To make up for this, there is a GHA only for SolrJ if a PR touches
SolrJ.

There's now a PR here to introduce a new GHA that builds on Crave.io on a
beefy machine: https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/1303  The PR validation
took 11 minutes which is similar to the amount of time it took a GHA to
just do precommit checks -- 10 minutes :-)
I think we can remove the SolrJ specific GHA as it'll be redundant.

Furthermore, anyone can use this to run tests from the convenience of your
laptop at the CLI while you are in the middle of any change (doesn't matter
what you have committed or not, pushed or not).  To do so, run: crave run
-- './gradlew localSettings && ./gradlew --max-workers=`nproc`
-Ptests.jvms=48 test'

Yeah that's long.  There is a discussion in JIRA underway that may lead to
eliminating the "localSettings" step if, for example, it's moved to a bash
script executed by the gradle wrapper (my proposal).  I should also be able
to configure crave with a default run configuration with this baked in.
I'll post an update when I'm able to do that.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley