Hi Anshum,
I mostly agree with you. My point is that we shouldn't *release* it until
broader community has had a chance to weigh in, both development and
testing. Towards that, I like Jan's idea of using PRs etc for more code
reviews, before merging it to some official branch.

I'm not comfortable in bringing it into the main Solr repository, due to
Kafka and other dependencies. My preference would be to let it be a
separate top level repository: e.g. solr-crossdc.

It can use the solr repository as a sub module. Btw, having a slim tarball
doesn't mean we should bloat up the main tarball. Instead, we should
attempt to release all packages/modules etc independently of Solr.

Just some thoughts.
Regards,
Ishan