Thank you David. Yes I got the feeling I needed to create the freeze
branch, but I could not figure out the releaseWizard. I am stuck in some
setup limbo. Will try to skip over the key setup (and jira permissions and
so on) and jump straight to the branch creation.

Is this all documented anywhere? I get the feeling that having a script to
guide you helps simplify the process a lot once you have done it
sufficiently enough times to trust it. having almost zero context got me
stuck in a step where I could have done other things in parallel while
waiting for others.

best,
alex