From: dev@solr.apache.org At: 01/26/24 15:56:12 UTCTo:  dev@solr.apache.org
Subject: Re: PR labeling

When I picked up https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/2225 it was cool to see
the “start-script” label!  Thanks!

> On Jan 26, 2024, at 10:33 AM, Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com> wrote:
>
> The StaleBot is now active, running once a day at midnight.
> I started in a conservative way, only labeling 10 PRs a day, and setting the
threshold at 60 days.
> This gives us some time to evaluate without labeling the entire backlog.
> Will be interesting to see whether the Bot results in some fogotten PRs being
completed.

> Jan
>
>> 8. jan. 2024 kl. 23:10 skrev Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Got some initial (positive) feedback on the auto-categorization PR and plan
to merge on Thursday, giving you some more time to review. I feel I have not
100% nailed perfect labels. Obviously we can't auto label things like
feature/bug, or versions, so this is only a "category". Ideally there would be
a a 1:1 between these "category" labels and the "Components" defined in JIRA.
But here are 96 different "Components" there, most of them are old/irrelevant
and not always very good IMO. So I'd rather attempt to align JIRA components
with whatever we come up with here...

https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/2184 to do the same for Solr. Have a look.

>> Jan
>>
>>> 6. jan. 2024 kl. 01:21 skrev Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We tend to not use the GitHub's PR labels we have defined.
>>> So I whipped up https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/2180 which is
configured to auto-label PRs based on what files are changed. Feedback welcome.

>>> Also, I hope we can implement StaleBot for labeling PRs as stale. Lucene is
going to test it, see https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/12813. If that goes
well, let's copy their config :)

>>> - Jan

Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 |
http://www.opensourceconnections.com <http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> |
My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>
Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed
<https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-ente
rprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be
Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether
attachments are marked as such.