It looks like you can have a label that specifies that a PR is exempt from
being marked Stale:
https://github.com/actions/stale?tab=readme-ov-file#exempt-pr-labels
We currently mark stale as 60 days, and if we were to choose 120 days before
closing, well, that gives you half a year before you need to make a decision to
label the PR "won't apply".   We *could* choose a larger number, like 180 days,
and that would still give us the benefit that old "ideas" that end up as PR's
but don't end up sticking will eventually fall out of the list.
Having fewer PR's to review may help us actually become more responsive to
contributors and each other in getting things to "done done".

    On Thursday, September 19, 2024 at 05:15:29 PM EDT, David Smiley