Hi,

I am looking at upgrading a Solr cluster from 8.11.2 to 8.11.3. Our
tests found that this entry in the release notes is relevant to the
way we use Solr:

    "SOLR-14853: Security: Converted enableRemoteStreaming and
     enableStreamBody solrconfig options into system properties and env
     vars. Attempts to set them the old way are no-op and log a warning."

      ·
https://solr.apache.org/docs/8_11_3/changes/Changes.html#v8.11.3.other_changes

After looking at the Jira issue -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14853 - I tried setting
SOLR_ENABLE_REMOTE_STREAMING=true and SOLR_ENABLE_STREAM_BODY=true in
solr.in.sh to enable remote streaming and stream body, as indicated by
the changes to bin/solr in the accompanying pull request:

 ·
https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/1615/files#diff-49c29c8f653341f48008c38f5f2cf970fa430cdca29181c819d7bdcfcc722980R1853-R1860

But it didn't make a difference, I still got the error "Stream Body is
disabled. See
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/requestdispatcher-in-solrconfig.html
for help".

The reason seems to be that the bin/solr script in the binary package
solr-8.11.3.tgz doesn't have these changes indicated in the pull
request:

    $ wget
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/solr/8.11.3/solr-8.11.3.tgz?action=download
       [...]
    $ mv -i solr-8.11.3.tgz\?action\=download solr-8.11.3.tgz
    $ tar xf solr-8.11.3.tgz
    $ grep STREAM solr-8.11.3/bin/solr
    $

Adding the changes into the bin/solr script myself works, but I am
wondering if I am using the wrong package or if those changes were
supposed to be there?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Some people like cupcakes better.                         Adam Sjøgren
  I for one care less for them!"                       a...@koldfront.dk