Hi,

See my reply in users list as well.

This was a feature written for 9.3. It was then backported to 8.11 (by Ishan).
I had a look at the backport commit:
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/commit/6e2272c4ccc and there are a few
issues with the backport:

* The backport commit message mentions the env.variables, but the backport does
not include changes to start scripts
* The backport does not change the ref.guide for 8.11, it still documents the
old way of enabling remote streaming:
   https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_11/content-streams.html#remote-streaming

Since there is a workaround by setting the system properties directly, I don't
think a code change is warranted.
However, the Reference Guide should both mention the breaking change in "Major
Changes" section, and also
edit other places in the guide that mentions the old way of configuring remote
streaming.

Ishan, will you handle the documentation?

The workaround is to set in solr.in.sh:

SOLR_OPTS="$SOLR_OPTS -Dsolr.enableRemoteStreaming=true
-Dsolr.enableStreamBody=true"

Jan