Yes; affects 10x.
NOTE: nobody has reviewed this PR yet.  It's simple enough; I'll merge
anyway in a couple hours and push a new RC.

Note the next RC will have changelog with dependency changes and some
HTML generation fixes as well.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2026 at 11:27 AM Andrzej Białecki <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> This also affects 10x and 10.1 so I guess this fails 10.1 RC1, too?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrzej
>
> > On 30 Sep 2026, at 03:33, David Smiley <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > I'm officially calling the RC failed.  Expect an RC2 soon!
> >
> > note: the release wizard likely has a standard message for this but I 
> > missed it.
> >
> > RE the NestPathField / schema issue: 
> > https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/4964
> >
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 5:38 PM David Smiley <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks Hoss... I'll try to prioritize that ASAP.  This goes to show
> >> it's useful for Solr users to *really* try the RC (or at least a very
> >> recent branch) in their at-work business context / use-cases.  FWIW
> >> I'm doing the same with branch_10x and it resulted in me filing a
> >> couple fast PRs.
> >>
> >> On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 4:28 PM Chris Hostetter
> >> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> -1
> >>>
> >>> I feel like this should be a show stopper....
> >>>
> >>> SOLR-18197 Changed the internals of NestPathField in a way that -- when
> >>> combind with how the Schmea API has historically managed re-writing
> >>> managed-schema.xml -- means that any users who have *ever* previously used
> >>> the Schema API to modify a schema containing NestPathField will get a
> >>> failure to load their schema after upgrading to 9.11 (even if they don't
> >>> use or care about NestPathField) ...
> >>>
> >>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-18197?focusedCommentId=18120890&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-18120890
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> -Hoss
> >>> http://www.lucidworks.com/
> >>>
> >>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
> >>> For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
> >>>
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
> >
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to