Naturally, this sounds great. FWIW my only but significant worry about
Spark is scaling up to meet unprecedented demand in the form of
questions and contribution. Clarifying responsibility and ownership
helps more than it hurts by adding process.

This is related but different topic, but, I wonder out loud what this
can do to help clear the backlog -- ~*1200* open JIRAs and ~300 open
PRs, most of which have de facto already fallen between some cracks.
This harms the usefulness of these tools and processes.

I'd love to see this translate into triage / closing of most of it by
maintainers, and new actions and strategies for increasing
'throughput' in review and/or helping people make better contributions
in the first place.