I've taken a crack at implementing the TinkerPop Blueprints API in GraphX (
https://github.com/kellrott/sparkgraph ). I've also implemented portions of
the Gremlin Search Language and a Parquet based graph store.
I've been working out finalize some code details and putting together
better code examples and documentation before I started telling people
about it.
But if you want to start looking at the code, I can answer any questions
you have. And if you would like to contribute, I would really appreciate
the help.

Kyle