-1 (not binding, +1 for maintainer, -1 for sign off)

Agree with Greg and Vinod. In the beginning, everything is better
(more efficient, more focus), but after some time, fighting begins.

Code style is the most hot topic to fight (we already saw it in some
PRs). If two committers (one of them is maintainer) have not got a
agreement on code style, before this process, they will ask comments
from other committers, but after this process, the maintainer have
higher priority to -1, then maintainer will keep his/her personal
preference, it's hard to make a agreement. Finally, different
components will have different code style (or others).

Right now, maintainers are kind of first contact or best contacts, the
best person to review the PR in that component. We could announce it,
then new contributors can easily find the right one to review.

My 2 cents.

Davies