On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Ryan Williams
<ryan.blake.willi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Following on Mark's Maven examples, here is another related issue I'm
> having:
>
> I'd like to compile just the `core` module after a `mvn clean`, without
> building an assembly JAR first. Is this possible?

Out of curiosity, may I ask why? What's the problem with running "mvn
install -DskipTests" first (or "package" instead of "install",
although I generally do the latter)?

You can probably do what you want if you manually build / install all
the needed dependencies first; you found two, but it seems you're also
missing the "spark-parent" project (which is the top-level pom). That
sounds like a lot of trouble though, for not any gains that I can
see... after the first build you should be able to do what you want
easily.

--
Marcelo