> I don't think sorting helps or that browsing is the issue. What if
> you're searching for Open Critical issues concerning Pyspark? If the
> list is full of issues that are actually out of scope, later, won't
> fix, then that's a problem.

Sure. That is why I was talking about the Inactive resolution specifically.
The
combination of Priority + other statuses are enough to solve these issues. A
minor/trivial issue that is incomplete is probably not going to hurt much to
someone looking for critical open issues.

> Game for whose benefit? nobody is being evaluated on this stuff. This
> is being proposed for real reasons, not for fun.

Sorry. That was unfortunate on my side.

> A bunch of JIRA cruft is a symptom, not a cause. Something is wrong
> somewhere if people file JIRAs and they go nowhere.
>[...]
> I think it's more useful to actually close these to communicate back
> clearly what is not going to be accepted. Things can be reopened if
> needed. Silently ignoring them forever as an Open JIRA seems less
> constructive.
> [...]
> Yes, best to try to make the process better. That's why I started with
> things like a more comprehensive
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Contributing+to+Spark
> to make better contributions in the first place. By the time dead
> JIRAs are closed, something's already gone wrong and time has been
> wasted. But we still need that culture of not letting stuff sit
> around.

Agreed. That is basically my point.

On a side-note, I would like to contribute some time on improving this. When
identifying this kind of issue, should I ask in the issue itself to resolve
it in a
specific way?

Best,
--

Santiago M. Mola

<http://www.stratio.com/>
Vía de las dos Castillas, 33, Ática 4, 3ª Planta
28224 Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid
Tel: +34 91 828 6473 // www.stratio.com // *@stratiobd
<https://twitter.com/StratioBD>*