On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 10:03 PM, Santiago Mola <sm...@stratio.com> wrote:
> Sure. That is why I was talking about the Inactive resolution specifically.
> The
> combination of Priority + other statuses are enough to solve these issues. A
> minor/trivial issue that is incomplete is probably not going to hurt much to
> someone looking for critical open issues.

If you mean you intend to consider them resolved, then yeah we agree a
lot. The names of the resolved states don't matter nearly so much to
me. For instance, in your examples, I could call those CannotReproduce
or Incomplete. I would not want to leave them Open in that state
indefinitely.

> On a side-note, I would like to contribute some time on improving this. When
> identifying this kind of issue, should I ask in the issue itself to resolve
> it in a
> specific way?

I think reviewing JIRAs actually contributes to a better overall
process, so I'd just dive in. Anything to advance a JIRA / PR to a
resolution is very helpful. Ask for more info, investigate a problem
to confirm it or fail to reproduce, propose a fix, identify
duplicates, flag JIRAs for closing, review changes, say you think the
change is good, etc. -- among the most helpful things anyone can do
right now IMHO.