Yeah, I am +1 for including Kafka 0.10 integration as well. We had to wait
for Kafka 0.10 because there were incompatibilities between the Kafka 0.9
and 0.10 API. And, yes, the code for 0.8.0 remains unchanged so there
shouldn't be any regression for existing users. It's only new code for 0.10.

The comments about python support lacking are correct but I do think it's
unfair to unblock this particular PR, without a wider policy of blocking
every PR on that.