I'd like to gauge where people stand on the issue of dropping support for a
few things that were considered for 2.0.

First: Scala 2.10. We've seen a number of build breakages this week because
the PR builder only tests 2.11. No big deal at this stage, but, it did
cause me to wonder whether it's time to plan to drop 2.10 support,
especially with 2.12 coming soon.

Next, Java 7. It's reasonably old and out of public updates at this stage.
It's not that painful to keep supporting, to be honest. It would simplify
some bits of code, some scripts, some testing.

Hadoop versions: I think the the general argument is that most anyone would
be using, at the least, 2.6, and it would simplify some code that has to
reflect to use not-even-that-new APIs. It would remove some moderate
complexity in the build.

"When" is a tricky question. Although it's a little aggressive for minor
releases, I think these will all happen before 3.x regardless. 2.1.0 is not
out of the question, though coming soon. What about ... 2.2.0?

Although I tend to favor dropping support, I'm mostly asking for current
opinions.