Re-posting it at dev group.

Thanks and Regards,
Aakash

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: aakash aakash <email2aak...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 4:10 PM
Subject: using Spark Streaming with Kafka 0.9/0.10
To: user-subscr...@spark.apache.org

Hi,

I am planning to use Spark Streaming to consume messages from Kafka 0.9. I
have couple of questions regarding this :

   - I see APIs are annotated with @Experimental. So can you please tell me
   when are we planning to make it production ready ?
   - Currently, I see we are using Kafka 0.10 and so curious to know why
   not we started with 0.9 Kafka instead of 0.10 Kafka. As I see 0.10 kafka
   client would not be compatible with 0.9 client since there are some changes
   in arguments in consumer API.
   - Current API extends InputDstream and as per document it means RDD will
   be generated by running a service/thread only on the driver node instead of
   worker node. Can you please explain to me why we are doing this and what is
   required to make sure that it runs on worker node.

Thanks in advance !

Regards,
Aakash