Hi everyone,

In the DSv2 sync last night, we had a discussion about roadmap and what the
goal should be for getting the main features into Spark. We all agreed that
3.0 should be that goal, even if it means delaying the 3.0 release.

The possibility of delaying the 3.0 release may be controversial, so I want
to bring it up to the dev list to build consensus around it. The rationale
for this is partly that much of this work has been outstanding for more
than a year now. If it doesn't make it into 3.0, then it would be another 6
months before it would be in a release, and would be nearing 2 years to get
the work done.

Are there any objections to targeting 3.0 for this?

In addition, much of the planning for multi-catalog support has been done
to make v2 possible. Do we also want to include multi-catalog support?

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer