From: Marco Gaido <marcogaid...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 2, 2019 4:18 AM
To: Weichen Xu
Cc: Yinan Li; Tom Graves; dev; Xingbo Jiang
Subject: Re: [VOTE] [SPARK-24615] SPIP: Accelerator-aware Scheduling

+1, a critical feature for AI/DL!

Il giorno sab 2 mar 2019 alle ore 05:14 Weichen Xu
<weichen...@databricks.com<mailto:weichen...@databricks.com>> ha scritto:
+1, nice feature!

On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 6:11 AM Yinan Li
<liyinan...@gmail.com<mailto:liyinan...@gmail.com>> wrote:
+1

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 12:37 PM Tom Graves <tgraves...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
+1 for the SPIP.

Tom

On Friday, March 1, 2019, 8:14:43 AM CST, Xingbo Jiang
<jiangxb1...@gmail.com<mailto:jiangxb1...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi all,

I want to call for a vote of
SPARK-24615<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-24615>. It improves
Spark by making it aware of GPUs exposed by cluster managers, and hence Spark
can match GPU resources with user task requests properly. The
proposal<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C4J_BPOcSCJc58HL7JfHtIzHrjU0rLRdQM3y7ejil64/edit?usp=sharing>
 and production
doc<https://docs.google.com/document/d/12JjloksHCdslMXhdVZ3xY5l1Nde3HRhIrqvzGnK_bNE/edit?usp=sharing>
 was made available on dev@ to collect input. Your can also find a design
sketch at SPARK-27005<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-27005>.

The vote will be up for the next 72 hours. Please reply with your vote:

+1: Yeah, let's go forward and implement the SPIP.
+0: Don't really care.
-1: I don't think this is a good idea because of the following technical
reasons.

Thank you!

Xingbo