>From https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-25588, I'm reading that:

- this is a Parquet-Avro version conflict thing
- a downstream app wants different versions of Parquet and Avro than
Spark uses, which triggers it
- it doesn't work in 2.4.0

It's not a regression from 2.4.0, which is the immediate question.
There isn't even a Parquet fix available.
But I'm not even seeing why this is excuse-making?