It worked in 2.3. We broke it with 2.4.0 and were informed of that
regression late in the 2.4.0 release process. Since we didn't fix it before
the 2.4.0 release, it should have been noted as a known issue. To now claim
that there is no regression from 2.4.0 is a circular argument denying the
existence of a known regression from 2.3.