Hi,
I'm one of the play-json developer and I'm advocating for making it an
completely independent library outside of Play (it's already independent of
Play but it's still delivered  as a module of Play) and integrating useful
tooling I've been developing last year (JsZipper + Json interpolators).
With Play2.3 new Generic Validation API, it will be even more relevant to
externalize Play/Json. So let's see what happens ;)

Anyway, if some people want to speak about integrating Play/json with
Spark, don't hesitate to ask, I'm currently diving in Spark code and begin
to know it a bit more precisely ;)

Regards
Pascal