I am not sure I fully understand this reasoning. I imagine that lift-json
is only one of hundreds of packages that would have to be built if you
wanted to build all of Spark's transitive dependencies from source.

Additionally, to make sure I understand the impact -- this is only intended
to simplify the process of packaging Spark on a new OS distribution that
disallows pulling in binaries?