Github user Lewuathe commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/338#issuecomment-66713313

    I posted this question on kafka mailing list and found the project for
improvement of kafka api now. I think it is good way to propose check-existence
api to this project.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Command+Line+and+Related+Improvements

    But anyway current storm-kafka depends on kafka metadata on zookeeper
through curator. So I think it is better to solve this issue by using curator
api and then raise ticket about changing the way of exchanging between kafka
and storm-kafka as originally proposed by @lazyval. What do you think all?