Github user Lewuathe commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/338#issuecomment-67581406

    @harshach Sorry, I cannot figure out what you mean. Why does storing offset
info to zookeeper path break checking topic existence with `/topics`? User can
access zookeeper path at will, but this does not delete specific path in
zookeeper doesn't it?

    Overall I think we agreed KafkaSpout shouldn't depend on kafka internal in
zookeeper. All parts which uses curator or zookeeper api will be replaced.