Github user Parth-Brahmbhatt commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/354#issuecomment-73581369

    @harshach My original intention was to have a single replication count for
a cluster but after your comments I realized the users may want to change this
setting per topology based on their availability requirements which may vary
for each topology so I think its a great suggestion. I already made changes so
the config is topology based and the replication count will be reflected in
ui/rest/thrift. Unfortunately I don't think posting a PR against my own branch
will show up in the jira but you can view the changes here
https://github.com/Parth-Brahmbhatt/incubator-storm/pull/2/files