Hi devs,

I'm seeing lots of huge works in parallel, and we individual are busy
regarding each work so common works (review, release, documentation, etc.)
have been not made in progress for several months.

- Beam runner
- Metrics renewal
- Java port
- Storm SQL improvement (Streaming SQL in future)
- Stream API

IMHO, it would be better to set target versions for them, and set a roadmap
(per version), and prioritize based on roadmap.

Stream API (very first version), and Storm SQL improvement are waiting for
review, and personally I would like to publish them soon.

If we're OK to have 2.0.0 without adding much features, I'm in favor of
concentrating Java port work (postponing other things except releasing 1.x
version line) and moving to Apache Storm 2.0.0 really soon.
(I'm even OK we decide to postpone some clojure files to be addressed after
2.0.0.)
Actually we're suffering other annoying issue: JDK 7 (1.x) vs 8 (2.x) which
is other reason to move to 2.x quickly.

I'd be really happy if we have metrics renewal and beam runner, but I'm not
sure when they're available to be published. Do we have any updates here?

What do you think? It might be ideal, and/or broader discussion but we
haven't discussed our plan / vision for a long time so better to give it a
try.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)