Hi Jungtaek,

> - Beam runner

There’s not been much activity around this, and I haven’t had much time to work
on it recently, but there’s a decent foundation to build upon. So it would be
fairly easy for others to start contributing to that effort. There’s also
interest from the Beam community in that runner, so one possibility is to move
that effort to the Apache Beam project.

This is very preliminary work, so I don’t have a good handle on what the target
release would be.

> - Metrics renewal

This is what I’ve been referring to as “metrics_v2”. This is progressing fairly
well with support for multiple reporters (e.g. Graphite, Ganglia, console,
etc.), worker metrics, disruptor metrics, etc.

I would like to target this work for 1.2.0.

> - Java port

This effort seems to have picked up (for example Bobby’s conversion of Nimbus,
etc.) and is progressing steadily. It’s taken a lot longer than initially
thought, but a lot of that can be attributed to the ebb and flow of people’s
availability to do the work.

> - Storm SQL improvement (Streaming SQL in future)

You’ve been spearheading most of the work here, so I’d delegate to you for your
opinion on where it stands. If you need additional reviews, just ask on list or
via GitHub (e.g. “[REVIEW REQUEST]” in the subject line might help get
attention).

My thinking has been that this could be included in the 1.1.0 release. Is there
a set of JIRA issues you would like to include in order to make that happen?

> - Stream API

This seems to have stalled a bit, though there seems to be a lot of interest
around it. I think we all would agree that when introducing a new API for
building topologies, it’s important that we get right from the start and have
strong buy-in from the development community. I would encourage anyone
interested in the Streams API to review the proposal and initial code.

I think it is close, but I’m not sure what release to target. Possibly the 2.0
release?

Re: 1.1.0 Release

STORM-2176 is a fairly big concern of mine since the feature it involves was
introduced in 1.0.0 and did not work then nor in any subsequent or future
releases (may not be a problem in 2.0). Unfortunately, as you’ve seen, finding
the root cause is elusive. That issue could definitely use more eyes.

-Taylor