Github user revans2 commented on the issue:

    @sathyafmt sorry I have taken so long to respond December was a really
crazy month for me.  From STORM-2194 I see that the SocketTimeoutException goes
through the code being changed.  The RMI code does not go through that path at
all.

    ```
    2016-12-01 04:24:41.721 STDERR [INFO] Error: Exception thrown by the agent
: java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 56700; nested exception
is:
    2016-12-01 04:24:41.722 STDERR [INFO] java.net.BindException: Address
already in use
    ```

    If it did then we would have exited because BindException and
ExportException are neither InterruptedIOException nor InterruptedException.

    So this patch, nor the one I proposed would have any impact on the RMI case
at all.  Something else is catching the ExportException and printing to STDERR
the error message above.