Github user HeartSaVioR commented on the issue:

    I left the questions because this PR looks like addressing only part of
STORM-2156.

    The summary of issue STORM-2156 is:

    ```
    Add RocksDB instance in Nimbus and write heartbeat based metrics to it
    ```

    and description is:

    ```
    There should be a RocksDB instance in Nimbus where we write metrics from
the heartbeats. This should allow us to replace storage for the statistics we
see in the UI and expand the abilities of UIs to allow for time series charting.
    Eventually this data will likely come via thrift to Nimbus as the overall
metric system is overhauled.
    ```

    (Even STORM-2156 should have follow up issue for representing RocksDB
metrics to UI.)

    In order to replace the metrics data in ZK heartbeat, it should be
mandatory to address worker metrics (to supervisor) to nimbus. I don't mind it
would be based on STORM-2693 which transfers worker metrics into Nimbus
(addressing Metrics V1), or it would be following up patch for STORM-2153
(Metrics V2) being implementation of metrics collector which communicates to
Nimbus. (For latter we should migrate most of built-in metrics to Metrics V2 so
that it can be available.)

    Actually it only addresses metrics transfer from supervisor to nimbus which
doesn't bring origin intention and benefits of issue. I guess you have follow
up issues or even patches but they're opaque for me now so I don't see much
benefit of this. Please also file follow up issues and group issues together
(design doc explaining overall plan would be great) so that we can imagine what
will be changed and how the changes improve Storm.